To serve the Archbishop of Atlanta as he responds to the Gospel promise "Your faith deserves it, so let this be done for you." (Matthew 9:29 - The Jerusalem Bible)
Parish Committees for Persons with Disabilities
The Ministry seeks volunteers to act on behalf of people with disabilities within their parishes.
There are two four-hour training sessions for new members.
Call or email the office to learn more.
Parish Based Services
- Resource information for Faith and Sharing
- Resource information for Faith and Light
- Toni's Camp Retreat
- Braille on demand - the ministry can, upon request, provide religious education materials in Braille and large type.
- Also Braille copy or cassette tapes for retreats, conferences, liturgies, and parish meetings.
- Resource for Real Time Audio Description Systems visually impaired persons
- Consultation on Accessibility
- Assistance with training disabled persons for ministerial roles in the church
- Disabilities Clearinghouse - We have a wealth of resources - texts, workbooks, videos, CDs, hardware
- All Clearinghouse materials available to be purchased or borrowed for review
- Opening Doors Awareness Programs, lectures, volunteer projects and discussions
Services for the Deaf
- Resource for Assistive Listening Systems for hard of hearing persons
- Resource information for Sign Language Interpreting Services for deaf persons