Decree Of Establishment
In accordance with the provisions of the Code of Canon Law, and
after having consulted with the Council of Priests of the Archdiocese of
Atlanta, I now deem it fitting to establish St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic
Church of the Archdiocese of Atlanta. Following are the boundaries of said
- East on Highway 78 from the DeKalb/Gwinnett County Line to
Lake Lucerne Drive
- North on Lake Lucerne Drive to Five Forks Trickum Road
- South on Five Forks Trickum Road approximately 1/2 of a mile
to Cole Drive
- North on Cole Drive/Camp Creek/Main Street (all a continuation
of the same road) to Lawrenceville Highway
- Southwest on Lawrenceville Highway to the county line
- Southeast at the county line to Highway 78
I also take this opportunity to name Reverend Patrick H. M.
Donaghey as first Pastor of St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church, and we
commend him, his successors, and all the parishioners of St. St. Stephen the
Martyr Catholic Church to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the protection of
the Blessed and Ever-Virgin Mary, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ.
This Decree will become effective on June 24, 1999,
Given in Atlanta, Georgia this 24th day of May, in the year of our
Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, nineteen hundred and ninety-nine.
Most Reverend John Francis Donoghue
Archbishop of Atlanta